The SMNP Qbank includes access to both practice sets and exams. From the Qbank home page, you can navigate to the Exams page to take a practice exam.
You will have 3 options to select from - Family NP Certification Practice Exam 1 (AANP), Family NP Certification Practice Exam 2 (AANP), and Family NP Certification Practice Exam 3 (ANCC).
Each exam will have the following features:
Attempts: toggle between attempts to view your results/progress on each ones.
Last worked on: the date you last worked on this exam
3. Duration: if you select the standard time option, you will have 72 seconds per total to complete all questions in the exam or practice set. This is the based on the amount of time available during your actual NP exams. Extended time modes (1.5, 2X, will extend time available for by 1.5X or double (2x) standard.)
4. Use the blue dropdown button indicated below to view the progress details of each of your exam attempts.
5. Once you click "Start" or "Continue" the exam page will look similar to the screen shot below. You can navigate through the questions in order, or skip around as you please. You will also notice the timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
6. The toolbar at the top of the exam allows you to highlight, underline or strikethrough text, should you wish to make notes on specific questions. You can also use the tool bar to increase the size of the text.
To undo any editing you've done using the toolbar functions, ensure you are highlighting the entire area of text that you've edited, then select the option you want to undo (i.e. undo strikethrough, underline, highlight).
7. You can use the strikethrough function outlined in blue below to eliminate any answer choices you know are incorrect.
8. Upon completing the last question on the exam, you will have the option to click "Complete Exam" - once you do so, you will be taken to the "Exam Summary" page, where you will see a summary of your results similar to the one below. Select "Review Exam" to go into review mode.
Once you are in review mode, you will be able to see which questions you answered correctly/incorrectly, and be provided with correct answer rationales. The side bar will show you an overview of all of the questions - correct questions will be green and incorrect questions will be red.
At the end of the review, when you click "Complete Review" you will be taken back to the exam home page.